Monday, August 02, 2004

journal 7/31

As I was walking into the center of town a few minutes ago, I saw three kids tearing through the grass down the hill carrying laundry sacks with clothing peeking out of the top. Two of the kids were of South or Central American descent, and the other was most likely from Africa. All three wore ragged, dusty clothing.

When they got to the bottom of the hill, they tossed their bags into a dumpster and continued running down the hill right past me.

When they got close enough for me to see their faces clearly, I saw that they had huge, exhilerated grins on their faces. It was clear from the sacks and every element of their body language that they were doing something they weren't supposed to do and were thoroughly enjoying that fact.

And sure enough, as I crested the hill I saw two intent-looking guardia trotting in my direction. But the kids were long gone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought-provoking, mootable pv. just my thoughts, well anyways gl & be chipper is what i say

December 22, 2005 at 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home